Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A little taste--

Pictures!!! Yay!!! (Sorry for the blurry-ness of them, it was dark and my camera was low on batteries, therefore grumpy and not willing to take not-blurry shots) Enjoy!

Ok all, here are a few shots to keep you interested while I'm gone. The first is of the house itself. No, I am not loving the mint-green color, but it will be tolerable. I'm going to hang some plants from the porch and have dad plant hostas! Ben (my CUTE landlord) assures me that while I'm gone this weekend the branches will be cleared off the roof, lawn will be mowed, and trees will be trimmed. Hopefully it will look lovely when I return!

On to the inside:
When you walk in the house, you are in the cave-I mean-living room! The room has beautiful espresso colored hardwood floors, but no over-head lighting, and chocolate brown walls with a low ceiling. The overall effect is quite cave-like. Also, my pictures are limited to the rooms with overhead lights since I have only had time to visit the house in the evening and haven't brought over any lamps yet. So, after the living room is the kitchen. Here is a picture:
Yes, those are turquoise walls, and yes there is WOOD PANELLING on the upper half-gross!!! Oh, well, the size is good, the laminate floors are new and Emily matches! There is also a huge utility room, with washer and dryer (!) off the kitchen.

Down the hall to the right is the first bedroom, which I will be using as an office/guest room. It is currently painted Kelly Green, and while it might not be my first choice, it is tolerable! The hardwood is continued in this room.

To the left is the boiler room, and the bathroom. The bathroom is small, but has a tub, and some extra cabinet space, so I think it will be good.

Next is my bedroom, which has carpet (yuck), but it appears new-ish and clean. The walls are this lovely blue, which I don't really mind, but is doesn't match my stuff, so I think I'm gonna paint. Behind the bedroom door, there was a surprise...

Ben tells me that the former residents were artists, and that they will be coming back to pick up this little gem. Hopefully it will be gone when I get back from Chicago...

I mean, WHAT IS THAT??? And when you open it up, there are 3 sweatshirts hanging inside...um, ok...it needs to go ASAP- before I can sleep there!

Ok, well, that's all I got. Have a great weekend, and I'll post more when I get back and start cleaning/painting!

1 comment:

  1. so, what is the address of your new cute house? you can definitely make my brother henry mow the lawn from now until he goes back to school in september.

    you can email me the address if you do not want to post it on here! hope the wedding is great!

    ReplyDelete