As some of you may know, unlike my mom and my sister, I am not really into crafts. I can do one or two individual projects, as long as they don't take very long and aren't too complicated. Well, being awake all night long has lead me to revisit my take on crafts. And, with my mom's more and more frequent requests that I remove remaining items from my old room at 508 Shurts, one of the things I have taken with me to Oregon Street is a huge box of old tee shirts. So, in attempt to cure some of my boredom, and to try my hand at being crafty, I am making a tee-shirt quilt! (or at least I am attempting to!) So far, I have cut out and backed 15 shirts. I am thinking the quilt will be 6x6, 7x7, or maybe 8x8? I can't decide if I want it to fit on any bed or if I just want it to be a random square size that would be good for picnics and covering up on the couch. Thoughts?
Here's a sneak peek at what I have so far:
In other news, Emily and I move in 22 days! Very exciting! Time to think about packing! Yuck!

Dear, I think this looks like a good start. When you get really good at this, I may have you make one of all my MS150 t-shirts!
ReplyDeleteKatie,
ReplyDeleteI vote for picnic blanket. Too colorful to keep to yourself.
Hope the nursing is still Exciting.
JT