
I got the call yesterday morning-I have a job! Yay! It will be a staff nurse postion on the OB Floor at Carle Foundation Hospital, in Urbana. I will start in Post-Partum and newborn nursery, eventually rotating to antepartum and labor and delivery when needed. It is pretty much a dream postion, and since Carle is a level 3 perinatal center (the highest level you can get), they require their staff nurses to have a lot of extra training and certifications, which will make me extremely employable to anywhere else! I don't start until September 21, and even then, it's two weeks of orientation before I get to actually be a nurse, but it's SO EXCITING!!! It is a night postion, and some call is required, so I'm not sure what kind of social life I will have, but I guess that is expected at first. In the mean time, I can buy a couch now since I will be making good money in the months (and year) following September!

No comments:
Post a Comment