
Well, as predicted, I don't have anything too interesting to write about, but a few little updates:
1- Last weekend I got up super early and went garage sale-ing. It was kind of exhilarating and I got some great stuff! I came home with about as much as I could cram into my car--a small green dresser (for towels and linens), a cool metal wine rack, a side/end table with magazine racks, and also a large bookshelf that didn't fit in the car but had to be delivered. The best part about all of this? I paid less than $20. TOTAL. Garage Sales are awesome!
2- Wednesday night I cooked dinner for mom and dad at my house. There was a minor incident involving some burnt cheese and copious amounts of smoke, but the good news is, my smoke detector does indeed work! I made potatoe and parmesean encrusted tilapia and it was pretty darn tasty! I am looking forward to hosting more dinner parties in the future!
3- Last night we had a torrential rain storm- I think it was between 3 &4 inches in a very short time! My coworker got caught in his car in a flash flood, totaling the vehicle, but he's ok, thank goodness. I stayed up long enough to determine that the gutters on my house are pretty much useless, to feel lighting quite possibly strike the lightning rod on top of my roof (or at least somewhere WAY too close for comfort) and to notice that the roof was leaking once again. This time it was over the sink so I didn't really care and went back to sleep. Notified the landlords, so maybe I'll be getting a new roof sometime soon!
That's all for now...more later!

No comments:
Post a Comment