Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Back with the Babies

Seattle was...FABULOUS. I think I am still processing, because I don't really know where to begin. On my flight out I ws seated by my soulmate, love-of-my-life, future husband, Ryan. It was refreshing (and exciting) to know that you can still have connections with random strangers, and it made my four hour flight go much quicker than it would have otherwise. We didn't exchange info, but that's ok, because since it's fate, we'll meet again! Wendy picked me up and we went out for dinner with her hubbie Anil. Saturday, we went to the Chateau Ste. Michelle winery and did some tasting. That night after dinner, we sat on a pier and enjoyed the beautiful water and weather. Sunday we got up early and went down to the market for breakfast and shopping, got some tattoos, and ate some delicious dinner. Monday, we took a random trip to Canada! We went to the Capilano Suspension Bridge north of Vancouver, in the rain, but it was a pretty good time! And then we went to some good outlet malls on the way home. Tuesday we got up early to drive me back to the airport, and I'm getting emotional just thinking about it now. I just had such a wonderful time, and I really think a move to Seattle is in my future!
Since being back, it's been a lot of baby time. I was in the nursery all 3 days last week! I guess that's a good thing, I think I'm in my zone there. Friday, I had three nursing students to help me. When they were getting ready to leave, one pulled me aside and said "I just wanted to tell you that we have to do these clinical journals, and I write about you in mine all the time. You are just such a joy to work with, and you teach us things, and you actually treat us like human beings, and I just really appreciate that" Then another one piped up and said "Yeah, I write about you too, and how working with you has been my best clinical experience to date!" It was just a really nice compliment.
I was lucky to get Easter Sunday off, so I got to spend some time in the beautiful weather with the fam.
This week we have had a really low census, and only 3-4 patients a piece. Monday we had only 6 patients and 2 nurses! It's so exciting when you can really get to know your patients! I was Team Leader again on Monday afternoon, but it was a piece of cake since we only had a few patients. I'm on call all day tomorrow, part of Friday, and work all weekend, so it's a lot of work (and $) for the next few days!

3 comments:

  1. Katie,


    Like.......who is Ryan(I need to check his background for felonies, etc), and WHAT TATTOO?

    daddio

    ReplyDelete
  2. JT- seriously, if I knew enough info to track him down, I would (I've been trying!!!) All I know is Ryan, he's a cop at a max. security prison in LA...lots of other random, non-helpful details...and we're IN LOVE! ;) It was like a movie or something, except we forgot to exchange info (Stupid!!!)
    And the tattoo is tiny and harmless (and my second, remember?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie,

    I do remember your first tattoo and I oppose my girl Katie disfiguring her body, but..........its none of my business, but.....as you know I am very protective; please don't get another, i.e. a third

    daddio

    ReplyDelete