Monday, April 26, 2010

Movin on Up!

Hi all- BIG news!!! Emily and I have a house! Friday morning I signed the lease on our two-bedroom dream home on William Street in Champaign. Here it is:
So cute! And all updated on the inside, and lovely, and we are moving in this summer! Can't wait!!!
Work is...the same. Been working about the normal amount, nothing too crazy happening (that is, except for a patient that I had who was crazy-borderline personality disorder, and another who, because of a stroke three years ago was a little slow and deaf, requiring me to repeat everything eighteen times and shout). Thursday was a slow day until the last hour when a patient MASSIVELY hemorrhaged, an antepartum thought her water broke, and a night nurse didn't show up. Then we had a staff meeting, and it was 9:30 before I got home. That was a LONG day.
Friday I drove to Chicago and spent a delightful weekend in the city with Bethany and my friends. It was nice to get away for a bit, and also quite possibly the last opportunity in a long time. I found out last week that I am officially going to the night shift as of May 23rd. Not cool.
While in the city Bethany and I went to see this movie. It was a fabulous display of the amazing world we live in, and you should all go see it!
Also just finished this book, which was really great, but the "clock" is ticking a bit loud in my ear/uterus at the moment!
And lastly, a sneak peak at the inside of the house:
Look at all that cabinet space! And a DISHWASHER!!! YAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment