Thursday, April 15, 2010

Bringin in the Chips...(or something more clever)

Well, for the last pay period (which I got paid for yesterday) I worked something crazy like 90 hours ( I normally work 72 per two weeks)!!! It included two on call days where I actually got called in, three weekend days, and being team leader for part of one of those days. This all added up to LOTS of mulah! $$$$ people!!! I'm trying to remember that I'm still paying off student loans. I was super super tired and cranky after all this work and desperately needed my two days off at the beginning of this week. Then I worked yesterday, worked on-call today until I begged them to let me leave at 4:30 after I discharged 3 of my four patients. And then I work tomorrow, but then I have the weekend to not be at work! Basically I've been in the nursery 2 out of the 3 days a week that I work, and I really love that. I will admit that 3/3 days or even 2 in a row can be a little much. I do prefer it over the postpartum ladies, only because I can be more in control in the nursery. (Not much a newborn can do to de-rail my well-planned out day). I had an antepartum today, and I like them a lot too--their days are very scheduled. Ok, fine, I'm a control-freak, type A...Good thing I'm a nurse!

And my new obsession: looks like a chip, crunches like a chip, secretly HEALTHY! (Delicious!!!)

3 comments:

  1. OMG, did I tell you about these or did we both become obsessed with them at the same time separately?? LOVE THEM

    ReplyDelete
  2. like, are these real chips, or what?

    daddio

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just carrots in the shape of chips. But somehow, they taste SO MUCH BETTER than baby carrots. I could eat them all day long.

    ReplyDelete